Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies: Leadership and Business
The Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies: Leadership and Business is a degree completion program specifically designed for the adult learner seeking an accelerated, non-traditional pathway. This program provides the opportunity to combine real-world work experience and community service with coursework in leadership, management, facilitation, and communication to produce graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary for assuming leadership positions in our increasingly interconnected world. Graduates of this program will:
- Acquire advanced skills in critical thinking, academic research, writing, and oral presentation,
- Be able to apply methods, approaches, and insights from different disciplines and perspectives to the analysis of various issues in the workplace,
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems,
- Be prepared for graduate level studies or to advance their careers in a wide range of occupations and industries.
The Interdisciplinary Studies: Leadership and Business program is intended for learners with some work experience who hold an Associate's Degree translating to 45 - 64 transfer credits at MCLA. The program operates as a cohort model, in which a group of adult, non-traditional learners begin the degree completion program in January and proceed through each course together.
- Cohort-style learning model provides peer support for the adult learner who is managing work and family demands.
- Complete the program in just over two years with year-round classes.
- Complete one course at a time in consecutive 7-week cycles.
- Classes meet once per week from 5:00-9:00 pm, and will be offered in Pittsfield or a central location based on enrollment.
- Benefit from affordable public school tuition, and the option to apply for financial aid.
- Learn from highly skilled faculty from a range of disciplines who regularly work with adult learners.