Mission of the Biology Program
The mission of the Biology Program is to provide a high-quality education to our students and to prepare our students to excel in a variety of careers. We are committed to graduating students with strong skills in critical thinking, the scientific method and application of fundamental biological concepts, and who have gained practical skills through laboratory activities, internships, independent research and other high-impact experiences.
Learning Outcomes of the Biology Program
Upon completion of the Biology Program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand fundamental concepts in the discipline.
- Write a lab report to communicate the findings of a scientific experiment.
- Design an experiment to test a hypothesis.
- Find and analyze primary literature in the field.
- Demonstrate appropriate technical skills in the laboratory.
- Analyze data with appropriate statistical analysis.