A graduate degree is required to advance in many careers today. Our department prides itself on preparing our students to successfully apply to graduate schools and then complete their programs. Some of our graduates specialized with advanced degrees in areas of Political Science and Public Policy, but many others have pursued their interests across a wide spectrum of fields.
Our senior course, Career and ePortfolio Workshop, provides students considering graduate study with information about the application process and supports them as they write application essays for a potential application to a school of their choice. Visiting alumni also share their advice in conversation as part of the course, giving students the benefit of real-world experiences.
Here are examples of programs that MCLA Political Science and Public Policy graduates are enrolled in or have recently completed:
- American University (Public Policy Analysis)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Professional Writing)
- Clark University (Community Development and Planning)
- George Mason University (National Security Policy studies)
- Northeastern University (International Relations)
- Simmons College (Library Science)
- Suffolk University (Ethics and Public Policy)
- SUNY Universities (Political Science)
- UMass Amherst (Education)
- University of Connecticut (Student Affairs Administration)
- University of Kent, England (Conservation Biology)
- Virginia Tech (Philosophy)