Learning Outcomes of the Political Science and Public Policy Program
Upon completion of the Political Science and Public Policy Program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding in each of the following areas of political science: American politics, comparative politics, international relations, public policy, and research methods
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying, locating, and evaluating scholarly political science resources and literature and in using them responsibly to formulate effective arguments
- Demonstrate the capacity to conduct original research using one or more methodologies in political science (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, historical institutional, etc.).
- Demonstrate competence in presenting research and analysis via written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate the application of skills and knowledge from the Political Science and Public Policy program in program-relevant internships.