MCLA Logo 125
Student in from of Eldridge Hall

Student Accounts/Bursar's Office

Frequently Asked Questions


When is my bill due?

We bill by semester. Fall semester bills are mailed in early July and are due in early August. Spring semester bills are mailed in mid-November and will be due in mid-December. Payment arrangements must be in place by the due date for students to remain registered for their coursework and to check into housing (if applicable.)


What method of payment is acceptable? 

We accept cash, personal checks, and money orders. Students and authorized users may pay online with ACH, a credit card, or debit card. MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted. No processing fees apply for online payments.

How can I make someone an authorized user so they can pay my bill online?

Students can make someone an authorized user by logging into Banner Self Service and clicking the "Student" tab, followed by the "Student Account" link, then "Account Detail for Term". When viewing the current term, you can click "Pay Now" which will bring you to our Payment Page. (Alternatively, you can log in directly to our Payment Page with your A# and Banner Pin here.) Once you are logged into our Payment Page, you can click "Authorized Users" on the right hand side of the page. You can view or remove currently authorized users and add additional users. When adding a authorized user, you will need to enter to enter their valid email address. The person you are adding will be sent emails with how to set up their account.


What do I do with my bill if I will be receiving Financial Aid? 

If you have accepted your financial aid award, it will show your accepted aid on your statement. If you believe you have accepted aid but it is not listed on your bill, contact Financial Aid at 413-662-5219 or


What if I would like to pay in installments?

You can enroll in an interest-free monthly payment plan through Nelnet. For costs, schedules, or to enroll, visit There is an enrollment fee of $40 per semester. You can pay in 5, 4 or 3 installments in the fall semester, and 4 or 3 installments for spring semester.


What if I want to use my financial aid to purchase books? 

You may be eligible for a book advance if your financial aid exceeds the amount of your charges and you have a credit on your account. If you have a credit, you can contact Student Accounts at 413-662-5230 or to put your request in for the semester. Book advance requests are fulfilled during the add/drop period by coming to Student Accounts.

If your financial aid does not exceed the amount of your bill, you would not be eligible for a book advance from Student Accounts. 


What kind of meal plan will I have?

If you are a new student and will be residing on campus, you will be required to have the Unlimited Meal Plan. This plan provides you with unlimited all you care to eat meals per semester. In addition, you receive $200 Declining Balance to spend at any dining locations on campus. You also will have $25 of Blazer Bucks which can be used anywhere on campus as well as off campus with a variety of local vendors.

Do I need to come to the Student Accounts/Bursar's Office to activate my meal plan? 

Your meal plan will automatically be put on your student ID card. However, if you are having issues with your meal card, you can drop by Student Accounts with any questions. 


What if I want to change my meal plan or don't want my meal plan? 

Resident students are required to have a meal plan for the first three years they are on campus. Transfer resident students also have a requirement determined by Admissions upon enrollment. All students with a residency requirement will be automatically assigned the Unlimited Meal Plan.

  • 1st year students (or freshmen) are required to be on the Unlimited Meal Plan and unable to change their meal plan.
  • 2nd year students (or sophomores) may choose between the Unlimited Meal Plan or the 225 Block Plan.
  • 3rd year students (or juniors) may choose between the Unlimited Meal Plan, the 225 Block Plan, the 160 Block Plan, or the 100 Block Plan.
  • 4th year students (seniors) or commuter students are not required to have meal plans and one is not automatically assessed to them. In addition to the options available to 3rd year students, students without a requirement can choose to have the Declining Balance Plan.

If you want to change your meal plan and want to see if you are eligible, contact Student Accounts for more information. Changes can be made to meal plans prior to the end of the add/drop period.


What if I have a dietary restriction and am unable to eat on campus?

If you have a dietary restriction or medical reason for not being able to utilize the dining facilities on campus, please email for information.


What if Student Health Insurance is listed on my tuition bill and I am already covered by an existing health insurance policy? 

Go to and click "Waiver Form" in order to submit your policy information.  You need to complete this form each year that you are enrolled at MCLA.


What if I need to purchase student health insurance from MCLA?

Go to and click "Enrollment Form" and then complete the enrollment form.


What if my check or ACH payment is returned by the bank? 

Our bank will automatically redeposit your payment  and if it is returned a second time, a $25 returned check fee will be added to the student's account.  Your replacement check must be in the form of a bank check or money order. 


What if my address changes?

Students are responsible for maintaining their permanent address on record with MCLA through the Student Records office. You should contact them in writing with your change of address or visit the Student Records office to have the change made.


What if a parent or someone else needs to speak to Student Accounts or Financial Aid regarding my bill or financial aid?

FERPA requires that for students 18 years or older, schools must have written permission to release information regarding a student's record. You may fill out a FERPA release of information form by printing it and returning it to the Financial Aid or Student Accounts office, or by going to either office to complete a form. The form may be completed electronically on the Student Accounts main webpage. 


What if I have a question about my bill? 

The Student Accounts Office is located in Eldridge Hall and staffed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.  The office may be reached at (413) 662-5230 and our fax number is (413) 662-5105.  You may email the office at