MCLA welcomes students who choose to complete their bachelor's degree after attending a community college, as well as those who may have changed their plans and wish to transfer to MCLA from a four-year institution. Either way, transfer students at MCLA share their desire to receive a high quality education at an affordable cost of attendance in a culturally rich location in the Berkshires. MCLA enrolls close to 300 transfers annually and admission available for both fall and spring terms.
MCLA is committed to making the transfer process simple and seamless. The admissions staff will help you complete the process efficiently and they are there to answer any questions you have regarding your transfer to MCLA.
Applying for Transfer Admission
If you have earned 12 or more transferable college-level credits at an accredited college or university, you should apply for admission as a transfer applicant. You can apply in one of the following ways:
In addition to your application, you must submit the following:
- Official college transcripts from each institution attended
- Verification of high school graduation/high school transcript (if no Associate's Degree
- Personal statement/essay describing your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve
Admission for transfer students operates on a rolling admission basis (fall semester) and applicants for the spring term should apply by December 1.
New York Transfer Program
MCLA welcomes New York transfer students with a straightforward, personalized admission process designed to maximize transfer of credits to MCLA.
- Earned Associate’s degree (A.A. or A.S.) from a State University of New York (SUNY) institution
- 2.5 GPA
- Maximizes transfer credits to provide students with a clear plan to complete a general education transfer block.
- Automatic satisfaction of most core curriculum requirements for the potential of 60 transfer credits. (MCLA will require completion of a senior level capstone class and a physical education course.)
- Guaranteed admission to the major of your choice
- NY Tuition Reduction (see Tuition Information)
As a student enrolled in a Massachusetts State community college, MCLA welcomes your application under the MassTransfer program. Students who complete associate degrees under MassTransfer may be eligible for:
- Guaranteed Admission (based on final transcript)
- Full transfer of credit
- 100% tuition waiver (based on final GPA) effective fall 2016
|Minimum Final GPA|
|No application fee||MassTransfer Application required by deadline.|
|No application essay|
|Automatic satisfaction of most or all general education requirements||Receiving institution may require no more than six additional credits/two courses.|
|Guaranteed transfer of credits||60 credits.|
|Guaranteed admission*||Space permitting in the major and college.|
100% tuition waver
For two years, providing student:
* Disclaimer: Students who have matriculated into another college since completing an associate degree are not eligible for MassTransfer and must submit a traditional admission application. Students who are not in good academic, fiscal, and/or disciplinary status at all previously attended colleges and universities or who have a criminal history/record may not be guaranteed MassTransfer benefits.