"The primary mission of the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Department of Public
Safety – Campus Police is to protect life and property. Fulfilling our obligations
to the College community, we enforce Federal, State and Local Laws as well as College
rules and regulations. We are dedicated to the prevention and detection of crime.
We recognize our responsibility to preserve individual rights and afford dignity and
respect to every individual.
We are committed to being responsive to our College Community in the delivery of quality
services and to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, to partner with the community
to solve problems, and to enhance public safety in a manner that is reasonable, unbiased
The Department of Public Safety, along with its mission to serve our College community
by providing a safe and secure campus, has adopted the following values;
- Fairness and Impartiality: We act with fairness, restraint, and impartiality in carrying out our responsibilities.
We understand that our actions combined with the way we treat members of our community,
contribute to our “legitimacy” in the eyes of the public.
- Integrity: We are honest, truthful, and consistent in our words and actions, and therefore worthy
of the community’s trust.
- Teamwork: We work together as one organization in carrying out the mission of the department.
As individual members, we are respectful to each other and work collectively to solve
problems in service of our community.
- Collaboration: We value working partnerships with our community, to create and maintain a culture
of mutual trust, with a goal of shared success and accomplishment.
- Competence: We are public safety professionals, exhibiting a quiet confidence in the performance
of our duties; accompanied by the desire for continuous improvement. We are responsive
to the needs of our community and deliver services promptly and efficiently.