Learning Outcomes of the Interdisciplinary Studies Program
Upon completion of the Interdisciplinary Studies Program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking, academic research, writing, and oral presentation
- Have an understanding of how knowledge is created within different fields of study
- Study important issues in societies past and present in local and global contexts
from the vantage point of different disciplines and through interdisciplinary frameworks.
- Study complex issues in society from ethical perspectives.
- Analyze texts in cultural, social, and historical contexts.
- Apply methods, approaches, and insights from different disciplines (particularly in
their respective areas of concentration) and interdisciplinary perspectives to the
analysis of a given theme/issue and to the development of creative solutions to complex
- Developed skills for lifelong learning.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of human societies and cultures, and will have developed
an intercultural competence and awareness of global cultural diversity.
- Assume an informed, critical, and responsible position as citizens of our increasingly