Fitness & Recreation - Move It!
MCLA has many ways for you to stay fit. The Campus Center houses a Fitness Center; gymnasium;
a dance complex for activities including dance, boxing, Aikido, and aerobics; and
You can reserve the sand volleyball court in front of Hoosac Hall through the Student
Development Office (413.662.5252).
Intramurals are a very popular, accessible way to get exercise, have fun, and make
new friends. Sign up for one or more of our many intramural teams.
Bike into town or on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail with MCLA's free bike share.
Day-trip and picnic at The Cascades or Natural Bridge. Or challenge yourself to hike Mount Greylock or the Appalachian Trail.
Swim, kayak, canoe or raft in the region's many lakes and rivers.
Did you say snow? Ski or snowboard at nearby Jiminy Peak, Mount Snow or Berkshire East, all less than an hour away. Or take a weekend trip up North Route 100, Skier's Highway,
to Stratton, Bromley, Magic Mountain, Okemo, Killington and so many more! Yes, we have snow.
the new trailblazer fitness center!
- All users must complete the NEW Fitness Center Waiver via dynamic forms before using
- Users will scan in with their MCLA ID card when entering the facility and scan out
again when leaving to maintain an accurate record for contact tracing.
- Due to the limited number of users that can be in the TFC at a time you are encouraged
to sign up for a workout appointment which can be made through Microsoft Bookings. This will ensure that you can access the space.
- Users waiting to enter the facility will practice social distancing by standing on
the 6-foot designated floor markers.
- Workouts appointments will start on the hour and last 45 minutes.
- A very limited number of walk-in spaces will be available, but you will also need
to follow the hourly start times and 45-minute duration parameters.
- Users may access only one piece of equipment at a time; circuit training or super
sets with multiple pieces of equipment is not permitted.
- Spotters are not allowed due to the need for social distancing
Each time you scan into the Trailblazer Fitness Center, you agree to the following:
- I confirm I do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and have not been knowingly exposed
- If the above status changes, I agree not to visit the facility until symptoms are
gone or I have been tested negative for COVID-19.
- I agree to wear a face covering/mask, keep a minimum of 6 feet between myself and
other users while in the Fitness Center or on the track, and to adhere to any other
proactive measures of safety implemented by the College.
- I agree to disinfect all equipment before and after use.
- I agree not to use or enter closed off areas or equipment.
Safety & Hygiene
- All users and workers are required to wear a mask/face covering.
- Paper towels, wipes, cleaner, and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Users are expected to clean machines after use.
- The facility will be deep cleaned daily by Facilities and throughout the day by fitness
- Users should practice social distancing and always remain at least 6 feet from other
- After using dumbbells, free weights, and bars, users will bring items to the disinfectant
table where a staff member will disinfect and return.
- Fitness Center: 30 (this includes staff and users)
- Track: 10
- The use of equipment is limited to ensure social distancing. For example, only 2 treadmills, 2
elliptical machines, or 3 racks may be used at one time.
- Work out zones have been carved out to create additional spaces.
The track is accessed on the first floor of the Campus Center, in the hallway where
you exit the Centennial Room at the opposite end.
When entering the track, users will scan the QR code to log in, and scan at the exit
QR code upon exiting.
Locker rooms are open for bathroom use and handwashing only and may not be used to
change into or out of workout clothes.
Users are encouraged to come dressed ready to work out; there will not be anywhere
to store personal belongings.
Water fountains have been adjusted to filling only stations
We are excited to have members of our MCLA community use our amazing new facility!
If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to Deb Raber, Coordinator
of the Fitness Center, at Deborah.Raber@mcla.edu.