Student Employment

Interested in working on campus while at MCLA?  Here's what you need to know!

First things first

Have you been awarded Federal Work Study money?  Look for positions that are marked as being for work study students.  Some of these positions are only available to students with a work study award. (If you're not sure if you have work study, you can check in your Self-Service Banner)

You haven't been awarded Federal Work Study money, but still want to work on campus?  In that case, look for positions that are marked as College Funded.  These are open to all MCLA students.

You can find all the open student employment positions in your MCLA Portal under Student Life->Student Employment or here.

You’ve been offered a job, what next?

Congrats!  Before you start, you’ll need to come see us in Human Resources to complete the following paperwork:

We encourage students to complete this paperwork with their parent/guardian before coming to campus. Please note that for the I-9 form, you must bring the original documents below for verification.  We cannot accept photocopies of your documentation.

In order for Human Resources to authorize you to begin work, we must have a complete I-9 form.  You'll need to bring original documents from the following:

A:        A current  US Passport/Passcard  or Employment Authorization Card

US Passport -OR- Employment Authorization Card



B:  A current Photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID card, MCLA ID)

Massachusetts Drivers License -Or- MCLA Student ID


 Your Social Security Card or Birth Certificate

Social Security Card -OR- Birth Certificate