Undergraduate / Graduate
(Note: the links above operate for students only.)
Commencement Guide for Students and Families
- The core curriculum requirements must be completed.
- The requirements for the student's major must be completed (Student must be matriculated).
- A minimum grade point average of 2.000 overall and 2.000 in the major and minor program
requirements must be earned.
- A minimum of 45 credits must be completed at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts;
a minimum of one half of the courses in a student's major must be taken through Massachusetts
College of Liberal Arts.
- At least 120 credits including the major program credits must be earned. No more
than five credits can be fulfilled by personal fitness/skills courses in physical
- A student's final 15 credits of coursework must be completed at Massachusetts College
of Liberal Arts.
- At least 39 of the 120 credits must be in upper-division work (300-500 level).
- A graduation requirement of 2 credits of Physical Education.
- *Application for graduation must be filed with the Registrar's Office according to
the following schedule:
|Commencement in May
|Commencement in August
|Commencement in January
Commencement With Distinction
Students of superior academic achievement graduate with distinction according to their
quality point average earned at Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts only. The following
standards will be used for students graduating in the year 2012 and thereafter. For
students graduating prior to 2012 please refer to the MCLA 2006-2007 catalog.
|Summa cum Laude
||3.800 - 4.000
|Magna cum Laude
||3.600 - 3.799
||3.300 - 3.599
Commencement Attendance Policy
Students may attend the graduation ceremony following completion of ALL graduation
requirements. Students must complete an application for graduation by the deadlines
listed in the section graduation requirements. The form must be submitted to the
Information pertaining to the Commencement ceremonies can be found here.