Flooding on campus could occur as a result of a water main break, loss of power to
sump pumps, or major multiple rainstorms.
- Move to higher, safer ground.
- Shut off all electrical equipment.
- Secure vital equipment, records, and other important papers.
- If in a lab, secure all laboratory experiments.
- Do not attempt to drive or walk through flooded areas.
- Wait for further instructions on immediate action from Campus Police or CIRT.
- If the building must be evacuated, follow the instructions on Building Evacuation.
- Do not return to your building if you have been evacuated by flooding until you have
been instructed to do so by College personnel.
- If present in your area, report all hazardous materials (chemical, biological, and/or
radioactive) to Campus Police at 413-662-5100 (5100 from Campus phones).