MCLA’s Music, Industry & Production major provides students with a general introduction to the field through foundational classes in music and arts management. Students choose electives tailored to their desired focus in administration, performance, composition, and/or production. Options to double major or minor in the other Fine and Performing Arts programs allow students to pursue study uniquely tailored to their own interests and future goals. Located in one of the country’s premier arts and cultural meccas, MCLA music students leverage a dynamic range of coursework and practical application with unparalleled access to the Berkshire’s world-class performing arts institutions to become well-rounded graduates equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to transition to careers in the music professions.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN MUSIC, INDUSTRY & PRODUCTION OFFERS
- The best of both worlds; the artistic discipline and training of a studio program with the scholarly breadth and flexibility of a liberal arts eduction
- State-of-the-art recording studio for extensive curriculum in music recording and production
- Extensive hands-on opportunities to practice the craft, both independently and in collaboration with faculty and guest artists
- More than 20 courses in music and over 10 areas of private lessons in performance
- Small class sizes that ensure individual mentoring, greater understanding and opportunities for student development