NORTH ADAMS, MASS. —At its annual meeting, held virtually on Oct. 5, 2020, the MCLA
Foundation unanimously elected foundation corporators and board members, including
one Foundation board member seeking a second term.
New Foundation Board Members (Corporators)
- Maureen Baran, North Adams, senior vice president of lending at Adams Community Bank
- Jameek Clovie ’11, Andover, Mass., provider relations manager at Amwell and former
- Marc Morandi ’90, North Adams, MCLA senior director of development and advancement
operations and vice president of the MCLA Foundation, Inc.
- Gwendolyn VanSant, Great Barrington, Mass., chief executive officer and co-founding
director of Multicultural BRIDGE
- Robert Ziomek ’89, Cheshire/South Hadley, Mass., MCLA vice president of institutional
advancement and president of the MCLA Foundation, Inc.
- Robert Zuber ’79, Lenox, Mass., commercial insurance agent for Cross Insurance of
New Foundation Board Directors
- Anthony Barbosa ’15, Worcester, Mass., owner of youth mentorship organization American
- Kimberly Boyden-Briones ’89, Charlestown, Mass., chief human resource officer, Berkshire
Hathaway Specialty Insurance
- JamieEllen Moncecchi, Windsor, Mass., senior vice president and chief administrative
officer for Greylock Federal Credit Union
- Charlie O’Brien, Williamstown, Mass., president and CEO, Adams Community Bank
Foundation Board Director, second term:
- Dr. Jean Clarke-Mitchell ’00, Lee, Mass., Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
and practicing psychotherapist, clinical director at the Elizabeth Freeman Center
- Michelle Hansen ’08 of Oneonta, N.Y., coordinator of affinity programs and reunions
for SUNY Oneonta, was selected as the Alumni Board representative to the foundation
for 2020-2021. She has served on the MCLA Alumni Association Board of Directors since
- Denise Marshall ’81 of Hinsdale, Mass., was appointed the Board of Trustees representative
to the Foundation for 2020-21. Marshall, who served as executive vice president of
Adams Community Bank until her retirement in 2017, has served on the MCLA Board of
Trustees since 2012.
The Foundation Board elected its 2020-21 slate of officers:
- Julie Arnold ’94, owner, Gajda, Arnold & McConnell, PC, will serve as Foundation chair.
- Jason Dohaney ’04, investment advisor, MountainOne Financial Services, will serve
- Billie Jo Sawyer, partner/owner of Sawyer LLC, will serve as treasurer.
- Amy Smith ’96, chief operating officer of Inland Management Corp., will serve as clerk.
“I’m thankful that so many community members and MCLA alumni are committed to serving
with the MCLA Foundation,” said MCLA Vice President of Institutional Advancement Robert
Ziomek ’89. “I’m excited to welcome new board members and congratulate new and returning
directors to the Foundation board for 2020-21.”
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Foundation, Inc. is a private nonprofit organization
dedicated to the growth, development and support of Massachusetts College of Liberal
Arts and its faculty, staff and students, with special emphasis on academic quality
and the assurance of access to higher education through the receipt, management, and
disbursement of funds and other charitable contributions secured through private sources
and grant funding. For more information, visit https://www.mcla.edu/administration/administrative-offices/institutional-advancement/mcla-foundation-inc.php.